Science and Technology for Complex Systems
The PhD in ‘’Science and Technology for Complex Systems’’ provides multidisciplinary and integrated knowledge and expertise, to provide professional experts in industrial research, skilled in complex systems analysis and management. Our PhD graduates will be able to address and solve problems related to complex systems in the field of safety, innovation, sustainability, environment, energy, infrastructures and devices, in an international background involving both industrialized and developing countries. This goal will be achieved by the synergy of different cultural sectors, namely science and technology of power systems, energy, safety, applied mathematics and physics, chemistry, environment, with a particular focus on energy technologies, smart grids, buildings, infrastructures and industrial innovation.
With regard to science, synergies are:
- analysis of chemical and chemical-physical foundations for the optimization of synthetic processes; development of innovative technologies in the civil and industrial fields (acoustics, electronics, electromagnetism, optics, photonics and thermodynamics);
- participation in the innovation process and the increased competitiveness of industrial companies using highly reliable mathematical procedures.
With regard to civil and environmental fields:
- study of the interaction between buildings and the environment, including its transformation (gardens, landscape, urban zones), referring to historical research into trends in architecture and society;
- study of the strength of materials, regarding non-traditional structures, beginning with the historical development of behavioral models and, from a structural point of view, historical artifacts and monuments.
With regard to the industrial sector:
- study of mechanical systems involving both theoretical and applied mechanics (dynamic simulation of multi-body systems, modelling and control of complex mechanical systems);
- analysis of the physics of the indoor environment, of environment conditions for human well-being, of techniques and methodologies of environmental analysis;
- study of electrical machines, electric power systems and electronic systems, their planning, operation and control, including their interaction with informatics, automation and telecommunications in a smart grid context, as well as their interaction with the power electronics regarding industrial applications;
- detailed studies on electrical and electronic measurements, whose applications range from measurements related to the engineering field to the industrial and environmental monitoring, as well as the characterization of components and apparatuses.
The PhD in ‘’Science and Technology for Complex Systems’’, aimed at preparing highly competent experts in the field of innovation, complies with the emerging needs for the development, the design and the management of civil and industrial complex systems, uniting a scientific overview with the technical issues of specific interest for the enterprises involved. Therefore, the PhD may bring an incontrovertible competitive advantage to enterprises and business and offer an interesting opportunity for the scientific and professional development for its PhD students.
|SSD Interested||SSD Importance||SSD|
|CHIM/07||% 10,00||FONDAMENTI CHIMICI DELLE TECNOLOGIE|
|FIS/01||% 10,00||FISICA SPERIMENTALE|
|ICAR/08||% 10,00||SCIENZA DELLE COSTRUZIONI|
|ING-INF/07||% 10,00||MISURE ELETTRICHE ED ELETTRONICHE|
|ING-IND/11||% 10,00||FISICA TECNICA AMBIENTALE|
|ING-IND/13||% 5,00||MECCANICA APPLICATA ALLE MACCHINE|
|% 5,00||CONVERTITORI, MACCHINE E AZIONAMENTI ELETTRICI|
|ING-IND/33||% 30,00||SISTEMI ELETTRICI PER L'ENERGIA|
|MAT/06||% 5,00||PROBABILITA' STATISTICA E MATEMATICA|
|CAR/18||% 5,00||STORIA DELL'ARCHITETTURA|
The Italian names of didactic-scientific sectors are reported in accordance to the classification of the Italian Mniistry of Education, University and Research.