Cristina Moscatiello received the Master’s degree in Energy Engineering from the University of Rome "La Sapienza" in 2015 and the Ph.D. degrees in Electrical, Materials and Nanotechnology Engineering in 2018. During her PhD , in 2017, she received an award for the mobility of the XXXI cycle PhD student from the Sapienza University of Rome and spent a part of her PhD study abroad. She won the 2nd Prize at IAS Graduate Student Thesis Contest Award. She has collaborated as tutor for the "Introduction to Renewable Energies" of the Department of Astronautics, Electrical and Energetic Engineering of Sapienza University of Rome. Besides, she joined the IEEE-IAS Sapienza University Student Branch Chapter and was the Vice Chair and Chair for a long period.
Researcher in Renewable energies at the University of Rome "La Sapienza" from December 2018 to November 2021. Since December 2021 she is a fixed term Assistant Professor in Safety and Management of Electrical System at Safety Engineering in the same University. Currently, she is with the Department of Astronautical, Electrical and Energetic Engineering (DIAEE) of the University of Rome "La Sapienza".
The research activity of Cristina Moscatiello is in the field of renewable energies and electrical systems. In particular, it has been recently focused on the:
- Analysis and optimization of microgrid operations with local generation, storage, electric vehicles and controllable loads
- Smart buildings and nearly zero energy buildings
- Microgrid models for energy communities
- Demand side management through building automation in "full electric" buildings
- hybrid thermal-photovoltaics panel
- adsorption machine
- Predictive models for diagnostics in electrical systems
Such research activity has led to the publication of papers in international journals and proceedings of international symposia.