Library "Giordano Giacomello"
The Library supports research and teaching activities for both the Department of Chemistry and Technologies of Drugs and of the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology 'Vittorio Erspamer', following the merging of the two libraries by resolution of 03/05/2011.
Its headquarters are on the first floor of the Medicinal Chemistry Building (CU019).
The Library is specialized in scientific documentation in the field of chemistry and pharmaceutical technologies, pharmaceutical legislation for the practise of Pharmacist, and is the reference library for teachers, researchers and students who carry out their studies at the Faculty of Pharmacy and related.
External users can access the library rooms wich offer 85 places for on-site consultation and 6 internet and wireless stations.
The Library offers a valuable collection of national and international treatises, periodicals, monographs, specialized bibliographic repertoires acquired since 1872 by the School of Pharmacy and merged into the Institute of Medicinal and Toxicological Chemistry, the current headquarters of the Department of Chemistry and Technologies of Drugs.
Through the Library one can access to electronic periodicals and databases of the most important scientific publishers, by means of the Sapienza Library System.