The Department Council consists of permanent professors, fixed-term research researchers and equivalent staff, the Administrative Secretary and representatives of technical and administrative staff and students: PhD students, post-graduates, students enrolled in the Master's degrees of main relevance to the Department, from representatives of scholarship holders or research fellowships or multi-year research contracts operating in the Department. The elected officials hold office for two years.
Duties of the Department Council:
- Elects the Director of the Department
- Dictates the general criteria for the use of the funds assigned to the Research Department
- Approves an annual research development plan of interest to the Department
- Formulates requests for teaching and researcher positions
- Expresses opinions regarding contract professors
- Aapproves the proposals to establish research doctorates related to the department
- Formulates proposals and decides its adherence to the establishment of research, research and service, inter-university and service centers
- Expresses an opinion, at the request of the Academic Senate, about the proposal to establish such Centers
- Dictates the provisions for the functioning, according to the University regulations, of the organizational structures of the library and of the services also for the didactic activity headed by the Department, and makes the necessary resources available;
- Expresses opinions and makes proposals to the Faculty Council regarding the planning and experimentation of educational activities
- Deliberates on the questions of belonging to the Department from the teachers
- Approves the budget and the final account according to the provisions of the University Regulations for administration, finance and accounting
- Collaborates with the governing bodies of the University and with the national planning bodies.
The Administrative Secretary acts as the minutes' secretary.
Technicians as Researchers