The Faculty of Economics includes the following Departments:
- Department of Economics and Law
- Department of Law and Economics of productive activities
- Department of Management
- Department of Methods and Models for Economics, Territory and Finance
The E. Barone Library
The central library of the Faculty of Economics was founded in 1908 for the School of Economic and Business Studies and, at the suggestion of Professor Federico Caffè, was renamed after the economist Enrico Barone in the 1970s. It holds about 82,000 books and pamphlets and 1,127 journals and periodicals covering economic, juridical and social subjects.
The central library also hosts the European Documentation Centre (EDC) of Sapienza University of Rome (Centro di Documentazione Europea) which has been named after Altiero Spinelli, one of the founding fathers of the European Union. The centre works as both a specialized library and an advisory point to provide information and useful tools to help in research on the activities of the European Union institutions and issues in Europe. Also the EDC manage a website created by a European project (held in 2002): Jean Monnet Observatory on Trans-Mediterranean Relations
The Language Laboratory (Centro Linguistico)
The Language Laboratory acts as a didactic support in language classes and also provides a self-study service for students of the Faculty who have free access to multimedia, audio and video courses of various levels in English, French, German and Spanish. The laboratory also has a range of films in their original language and provides students with the opportunity to watch foreign TV channels and use Internet for language study. There is also a selection of foreign newspapers and magazines available in a reading room.
Computer Laboratory (Laboratorio Informatico)
All students enrolled in the faculty or Erasmus, Leonardo or other students studying temporarily at the faculty have free access to the 80-station laboratory.
There is also a computer classroom with 30 positions and another 10-station computer room reserved for faculty staff and students preparing their theses.