The Sapienza Statutes recognize the role of the departments as highly important in the university.
The departments are responsible for the organization and management of research and teaching activities.
They distribute financial resources based on recruitment needs and deliberate on selection exam applications and calls for professors. The department organs are the Department Council, the Director and the Junta.
The Faculty of Pharmacy and Medicine is made up of 8 Departments and organizes many different courses.
The Departments are (the website is on a new page):
- Chemistry and Technology of Drugs
- General and Specialist Surgery
- "Vittorio Erspamer" Physiology and Pharmacology
- Molecular Medicine
- Public Health and Infectious Diseases
- Anatomical, Histological, Forensic and Locomotor System Sciences
- "Alessandro Rossi Fanelli" Biochemical Sciences
- Medico-Surgical Sciences and Biotechnologies