AREA EDUCATIONAL BOARDS AND DEGREE PROGRAMME COMMISSIONS
Art. 13 – STATUTE OF SAPIENZA UNIVERSITY
Degree Programmes and Courses
1. The Course Catalogue is styled by the Degree Programmes. In accordance with current legislation, they are: Bachelor Programmes (first cycle), Master Programmes (second cycle), single cycle Degree Programmes (5-6 year programmes), Vocational Masters; all can be coordinated within a specific Didactic Area.
2. A Didactic Area groups together a number of Degree Programmes (belonging either to the same cultural-scientific area or to a class or group of classes) structured sequentially (Bachelor Programmes belonging to the same or similar classes, Master Programmes belonging to the same or similar classes) and/or horizontally (similar Bachelor degrees and similar Master degrees).
3. Didactic Areas or single Degree Programmes are coordinated by a specific Board formed by the professors of the Degree Programme/s in question and a delegation of student representatives in a number equal to 15% of the teaching staff. The Board decides on the educational organisation of the Degree Programme/s.
4. The professors on the Board elect a Chairperson who has the duty to call Board meetings, set the daily agenda, organize the curricula and appoint, in agreement with the Department(s) involved, the teaching staff for each academic discipline.
5. The Boards operate in accordance with the University Teaching Regulations. They guarantee the quality of curricular activities, formulate proposals in relation to the educational programme, and rearrange the teaching staff each year in accordance with the programmes’ sustainability.