Seminar Simone Rossi -16/12/2020 "The electric oscillatory brain: the challenges of neuromodulation"
TEN WEBINARS ON BRAIN OSCILLATORY ACTIVITIES UNDERPINNING SLEEP-WAKE CYCLE AND HIGHER FUNCTIONS AND DYSFUNCTIONS
An emerging property of the brain function is its oscillatory activity at multiple frequencies in relation to the level of vigilance, consciousness, and cognitive and sensorimotor information processes. Non-invasive brain stimulations by transcranial magnetic and electric simulations can be delivered using proper brain locations, duration, intensity, and frequency in healthy persons and patients with brain disorders to entrain that oscillatory activity and to modulate the excitatory/inhibitory state of the cerebral cortex with effects on cognitive and sensorimotor information processes. Prof. Simone Rossi will enlighten on this fascinating and exciting angle of the Cognitive and Clinical Neurosciences with the promise that our actual view of brain functions may be significantly challenged.
Date and time of the webinar: December 16th from 12:30 to 13:30 CET
Duration of the webinar: 40 minutes + 20 minutes of discussion
Launch of the webinar:
1) Publication on Youtube of an interview (5 minutes) of Prof. Claudio Babiloni to Prof. Simone Rossi about the webinar contents (December 8th, 2020). The Interview will be available in both Italian and English. The questions are:
- How can transcranial magnetic and electric stimulations of the human brain can affect memory and other mental functions?
- Can really transcranial magnetic and electric stimulations of the human brain be beneficial in patients with mental disorders such as memory and motor deficits and depression?
2) Letter to the members of Sapienza Neurosciences (December 9th, 2020) to announce the seminar by Prof. Simone Rossi and share the links to
- the mentioned interview in Italian and English.
- the zoom kink for the seminar of December 16th, 2020