My-Denty-Kit Project - Oral Hygiene in prison
Name of the initiative: My-Denty-Kit - oral hygiene in prison
Period of development: in progress
Place/places of performance: Penitentiary structures of the Lazio Region
Brief description of the objectives and actions:
The few data in the literature highlight the need for cognitive and oral health prevention plans in the prison context. Based on the research project "Social Dentistry in the Penitentiary. Creation of an Observatory on Oral Health in prisons through a dental epidemiological network " a network of dentists working in the penitentiary structures of the Lazio Region was created, through which the lack of tools for the daily care of the mouth was highlighted.
The objectives of the project are therefore:
- Application of an oral health prevention protocol with the delivery of at least 5000 oral hygiene kits consisting of tools and explanatory brochures for the daily care of the mouth.
- Empowerment and coaching to achieve self-esteem and awareness of oneself and one's oral health, useful in the moment of reintegration into social and working life.
- Involvement of at least 70% of the penitentiary structures of the Lazio Region
- Publication of at least n. 10 articles, services or news in the information field or through media specialized in the field of health and/or penitentiary medicine
- At least n. 1 signing of collaboration protocols for the extension of the project
- Export the project to other regions.
- Department of Odontostomatological and Maxillofacial Sciences, Policlinico Umberto I, Rome.
- Co.N.O.S.C.I. (O.N.L.U.S.) National Coordination of Health Operators in Italian Prisons
- Department of Penitentiary Administration
Contacts to know and / or participate in the initiative:
Activity contact person: Prof. Livia Ottolenghi