Next City Lab
- Objectives and Expertise
The NClab Laboratory provides technical and operational support activities for research in the field of GIS, BIM, Digital Twin and Artificial Intelligence systems applied to energy and maintenance management and building and infrastructure safety.
The NClab Laboratory is equipped with technical equipment aimed at the development of products in digital form and the implementation of mixed and virtual reality.
The technical-operational skills of the NClab Laboratory address the following fields of application:
● building management site control processes of buildings and infrastructure works realization control and management of energy microgrids
● automatic survey and cloud point restitution for BIM systems realization of Data Sharing Environments (AC DAT) for real estate management
● optimization of machine learning algorithms for "cognitive buildings"
- Activities offered by the Laboratory
- activities for Scientific Research carried out by Researchers and Lecturers from the Department, the University and external Structures both nationally and internationally.
- technical-experimental activities related to development projects in partnership or on behalf of external entrepreneurial and/institutional entities both nationally and internationally;
- technical support activities for experimental activities of students, researchers and faculty of the University and external Structures both nationally and internationally;
- technical support activities for students of the University intend to carry out curricular internship periods;
- technical support activities for experiments by students, professionals and young designers from the Athenaeum and external Structures.
- Current projects
An integrated multidisciplinary and multiscale digital appch fostering the decarbonisation of port areas
The project is aimed to design, develop, test and validate a replicable multiscale and multidisciplinary approach that includes theoretical models for identifying and quantifying the potential Energy Efficiency Solutions (EESs) and potential of RESs interventions for the decarbonisation of ports
Digital Twin of 4 ports in the Lazio Region
The aim of the project is to implement a digital twin for the energy management and maintenance of the port areas of Anzio, Formia, Terracina and Ventotene, managed by the Lazio Region
Tor bella Monaca social housing complex energy efficiency
The project concerns the realization of a feasibility study for the energy efficiency of social housing properties owned by ATER located in Tor Bella Monaca
Energy efficiency social housing complex Santa Maria della Pietà
The project concerns the realization of a feasibility study for the energy efficiency of social housing properties owned by ATER in the Santa Maria della Pietà complex
Energy/plant refunctionalization Museum of Natural History in Maputo.
The project concerns the energy/plant refunctionalization of the Museum of Natural History in Maputo for which the Faculty of Architecture won an international call for proposals including museum and architectural rehabilitation
The NClab Laboratory has:
- administrative headquarters at the PDTA Department, Via Flaminia, 70 - 00196 Rome
- operational headquarters at the research center CITERA, Via Gramsci, 53- 00196 Rome
Scientific Responsible: Prof. fabrizio Cumo