PhotomediaLAB is the technical and operational lab of the DATA Department (Sapienza University of Rome). It provides highly specialised services in four specific fields:
Web and interaction
PLAB is open to everyone active in the PDTA Department, research and teaching network; its aim is to channel excellence.
PhotomediaLAB designs and produces traditional and multimedia communication products: graphics, publishing, photography, multimedia, and the web. In particular, PLAB is specialised in the design and production of:
· coordinated images
· exhibit graphics
· editorial graphics (from concept to publication)
· web graphics
· product communication (virtual and physical modelling)
PhotomediaLAB develops design activities and services in the field of Design, Architectural Technology, the Territory and the Environment. PLAB has extensive expertise in the following fields:
· photo survey (for town-planning, the territory, construction, etc.)
· virtual touring
· reproduction and restoration of images on any substrate (including preparation, post-production and preservation on a external backup unit )
· Raid0 with periodic migration and monitorisation
· design of exhibits and stands
Printing and scan service and assistence.
Management multifunction professional devices.
PhotomediaLab is active in the field of Representation, the last in the series of services for Communication and Design. In particular, PLAB is specifically used for:
· storage of images (with an archive of approximately 30,000 HD images)
· photographic reportage (events, architectures, still life)
· image processing
Web and interaction services
PhotomediaLAB develops interactive technological platforms, especially
· web platforms (sites, portals, social)