Rome Laboratory Project
The Rome Laboratory Project (below Laboratory) is an operating structure and support of the Department system, which has the task of promoting a synergistic relationship between the research, experimentation and issues the social, cultural, economic and policies that spring from the Roman territory and regional, with the intent to catch associated with the presence of Capital and at its extraordinary strategic role at national and international level.
The Laboratory is the place of the experimentation and the discounting of the different disciplinary competencies and scientific of the Department, with the goal of providing important opportunities for applied research and scientific collaboration, as well as promote advanced training and continuing education, in relation to the specificity of the new themes and the recalled needs of the network with relationship between the Roman Territory and the Constitution , and in particular, with reference to the following issues:
- environmental sustainability and control of resource consumption;
- regeneration of urban and territorial and the housing stock;
- energy efficiency and renewable energy sources;
- smart city;
- technological and industry innovation 4.0;
- equipments of service related to the new welfare;
- flow of goods and the knowledge and infrastructure systems and network;
- social innovation and social housing.
The Laboratory is an interdisciplinary excellence structure and a cultural catalyst, which promotes and develops the scientific and technological innovation through studies, theoretical and practical research, with reference to the disciplinary fields of competence of the PDTA Department: The urban and regional planning, the structure of the landscape. the planning of technological environment (Technology) and design in its different declinations (Design).
As part of its Mission, for the exploration of new ideas, the experimentation and the creation of integrated visions and forward looking projects for the life of the city in order to promotion the European model of Smart City, the Laboratory has the following main objectives :
- promote the image of the Department in its role as a public institution with purpose of social utility;
- strengthen the experimental dimension of the disciplines of the project of the Department and, therefore, the research that these references, in relation to the specificity of SSD and reciprocal forms of interdisciplinary interaction;
- identify new forms of partnership with public and private subjects external to the University, which constitute the main Network interlocutors, territorial and local authorities, the Metropolitan City of Rome, the Province, the Region, municipalities, and related Companies and society, the the Ministries of MATTM, MIT, MIBAC and the museum Networks, the world of production, Orders and professional associations, professional confederations, CNR, Institutes and research Foundations, the Embassies and Cultural Institutes etc;
- combine / integrate didactic activity, research and training in the Department with the issues precipue object of activities of the Laboratory;
- welcome the young students, graduates and PhD students, postdocs, research becoming as an incubator of ideas, knowledge, cultures and projects and as a trans-hub that brings together different levels of knowledge and skills;
- coordinate with other administrative structures and existing support (Other laboratories, research centers, library,map library, Archive Piccinato, etc.);
- exploit and develop the third mission activities, also promoting to the launch of local, regional, national multidisciplinary strategic projects;
- promote the institution of laboratories Public-private joint, functional activity of researching and own laboratory experimentation;
- to enable, in coordination with the High Coordination Unit Training, Higher Education Courses, Master's, Continuing education and other initiatives spread of knowledge, also in collaboration with organizations and institutions in the area, contributing to the cultural growth of local communities, within a process training and consistent permanent education with the hypotheses of the knowledge society;
- identify ways of promoting skills and the laboratory activities , (curriculum) allowing a finalized use and controlled, and opening it to the needs of the territory;
- construct, in coherence and coordination with the activities of the Coordination Unit for the development and communication, a structural design of communication and information open to the territory: public presentations on a regular basis (Seminar, Annual Conference University / Territory) and publishing on the report of the Department web site on research and experimentation activities in progress, taken care of by groups of individual scientific participants, checking also the possibility to realize this purpose a scientific editorial tool every six months, For the dissemination of the results, For the dissemination of the results achieved in individual fields of theoretical and applied research;
- strengthen the institutional relationships with public institutions that have specific expertise regarding the matters of the different disciplines: Local societies, the Ministries. through specific agreements, consultancy, third parties;
- strengthen the measures for the transfer of research to the production system;
- strengthen relationships with other SSDs, in other departments and, more generally, the University community, who can become scientific partners, in relation to the themes and the activities of its Laboratory experimentation.