WELCOME TO THE DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SCIENCES and ECONOMICS’ WEB SITE
The Department of Social Sciences and Economics at Sapienza University of Rome brings together an interdisciplinary academic staff of sociologists, economists, historians, psychologists, jurists, anthropologists, and statisticians whose approach to research, whilst open to theory, is mainly of an empirical nature.
The Department operates in two fields. The first concerns Research, taking advantage of the multi-disciplinary aspect of the academic staff as a whole. The second regards Teaching , which is aimed at combining a solid general preparation with a working level of competence in the disciplines present in our graduate and post-graduate degree courses.
HOW TO REACH DISSE
The Department of Social Sciences and Economics is situated at :
- Via Salaria 113, 1st Floor (Sociology area)
- Corso d’Italia 38A (Sociology area)
- Piazzale Aldo Moro no. 5 (main University campus) on the 1st floor of the building housing the Faculty of Political Science, Sociology and Communications (Economics area)
- Piazzale Aldo Moro no. 5 (main University campus) on the 3rd floor of the ex Faculty of Statistics building (Statistics area)
- Viale dell’Università no. 36 in the ex-Tuminelli building (Economics area)
The offices of the Head of the Department and of the Head of Administration and FinanceUnit are located on the 1st floor of Via Salaria 113
The administrative staff offices are located partly in Via Salaria 113 (1st floor) and partly with the Faculty of Political Science, Sociology and Communication, (see the section on Staff) in the ex-Tuminelli building.
Lecture rooms are to be found in the following locations:
- Via Salaria 113, for courses in Sociology and in Social Services (buses no. 86,92, 38 and 217 from Termini bus station)
- the 1st floor of the Faculty of Political Science, Sociology and Communications in the main University campus at Piazzale Aldo Moro no. 5.
For lecture timetables and the relative lecture rooms for the different courses, please see the Faculty site.
For the Library and IT Services, please see the Services section