Call for papers RISK/SAFE 2022
The 13th Conference on Risk Analysis, Hazard Mitigation and Safety and Security Engineering (RISK/SAFE 2022) will be held in Rome (Italy) on 12-14 October 2022. More information at: https://www.wessex.ac.uk/conferences/2022/risk-safe-2022
The purpose of the conference is to provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of the most recent research and industrial developments in the theoretical and practical aspects of safety and security engineering. This field, due to its special nature, is an interdisciplinary area of research and application that brings together, in a systematic way, many disciplines of engineering from the traditional to the most technologically advanced. The conference covers areas such as crisis management, security engineering, natural disasters and emergencies, terrorism, IT security, man-made hazards, pandemics, transportation security, protection and mitigation issues, among others. Authors are encouraged to submit abstracts in all areas of Safety and Security, with particular attention to integrated and interdisciplinary aspects.
The conference covers also all aspects of risk management and hazard mitigation, associated with both natural and anthropogenic hazards. Current events help to emphasise the importance of the analysis and management of risk to planners and researchers around the world. Natural hazards such as floods, earthquakes, landslides, fires, epidemics, transportation, climate change, fake news and others have always affected human societies. The more recent emergence of the importance of man-made hazards is a consequence of the rapid technological advances made in the last few centuries. The interaction of natural and anthropogenic risks adds to the complexity of the problems.
The meeting aims to attract papers in all related fields, in addition to those listed under the Conference Topics, as well as case studies describing practical experiences.
The following list covers some of the topics to be presented at RISK/SAFE 2022. Papers on other subjects related to the objectives of the conference are also welcome.
- Safety and security engineering
- Information and communication security
- Communication of risk
- Cybersecurity / e-security
- Fire safety
- Natural disaster and emergency management
- Environmental security
- Health risk
- Transportation safety and security
- Risk in critical infrastructures
- Risk in construction and transportation
- Risk management in the oil and gas industry
- Human factors and risk perception
- Surveillance systems
- Safety standards and regulations
- Preparedness & resilience
- Early warning
- Vulnerability assessment
- Safety and security culture
- Border security
- Risk analysis, assessment and management
- Advances in fundamentals of risk analysis
- Temporal and spatial aspects of risk
- Evacuation, simulation and design
- Political and socio-economic risk
- Insurance modelling
- Case studies