Unifying cultural, scientific and training objectives of the Department:
Research -Techno-biological research applied to the clinic, understood as the ability to experiment, and evaluate, the impact that innovation and evolution in terms of materials, radiodiagnostic and radiotherapy means, software and molecular drugs can have in the management of processes of prevention and promotion of health, preventive and community medicine, diagnosis, treatment, treatment and palliation of diseases and in the field of medical surgical emergencies. This both in terms of effectiveness and in those of system efficiency and on the quality of life objectivable and perceived by those who are sick.
Translationality - Understood as the ability to rapidly transfer new knowledge from Bio-Technological to applied research, in order to generate advanced diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, while offering new investigative tools. The Department develops through interaction and mutual validation between biological and technological research and applied research, to provide answers to the need for evolution towards new organizational models of care and the consequent and necessary adaptation of professional profiles in the medical and nursing fields .The collaboration in international research network on medical translation subjects qualifies the international ranking
From the implementation point of view, the Department has set some main goals:
- The creation of a cultural and experimental continuum from basic biotechnological to applied research: "BENCH TO BEDSIDE"
- The continuous training of doctors, in the various cultural sectors that adhere to the Department ready for future technological changes and the increased needs for productive return on research
- The training and professional start-up to the clinic, to health, to health, to industrial realities in the biomedical and nursing field
- Territory experimentation and evaluation of integrated care pathways of effective and efficient primary care models
- The protection of communities in living and working environments; preventive medicine in the population at risk and in workers
- Translation research in the field of medical-surgical emergencies
- Experimentation and evaluation (effectiveness and efficiency) of processes and integrated paths that characterize the current and future care model, that is based on:
- Centrality of the patient and consequent maximum knowledge and competence (culture) of the pathologies from which he is affected: optimization of the care offer Intensity of the level of care: Election, Urgency, Emergency, Resuscitation.
- The cognitive areas of competence of the Department are structured in interconnected research and teaching lines:
The cognitive areas of competence of the Department are structured in interconnected research and teaching lines:
- Techno-biological: surgical, endoscopic, radiological, radiotherapeutic, prosthetic materials.
- Morpho-functional: imaging diagnostics, hardware, software, nuclear medicine, endoscopy.
- Integrated clinic: trials and studies on technological applications (materials, imaging, software, radiotherapy and radioreceptor therapy, etc.) in integrated diagnostic and therapeutic pathways. Application of new Biomarkers to clinical decision-making pathways in medicine
- Global health: the new paradigm for health and healthcare, rooted in the theoretical approach of social determinants of health, based on the principles set forth in the Alma Ata Declaration and substantiated by extensive scientific evidence in the field of individual health promotion and / or community of life and work.
- Territorial medicine: home care, family medicine, emergency-urgency network, control of prevalent diseases, viable disease prevention with vaccination, cardiovascular prevention, secondary prevention in oncology, prevention of loss of self-sufficiency and in the various areas of life of the elderly, prevention of pathological addictions, prevention of inequalities, prevention at work.
SPECIFIC PATHOLOGIES: Digestive and Nutritional, Orthopedic, Neoplastic, Respiratory
COMPLEX PATHOLOGIES: Politrauma, multi-organ pathologies.
- General Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Digestive Diseases, Oncology: Digestive and Pulmonary, Breast (MED 18,12,21,20,)
- Orthopedic Traumatology (MED 33.34)
- Anesthesiology and Resuscitation (MED 41)
- Diagnostic Imaging and Radiotherapy (MED 36)
- General and Applied Hygiene (MED 42)
- Occupational Medicine (MED 44)
- Internal Medicine (MED 09)
- Nursing and Rehabilitation (MED 45, MED 48, MED 50)
The welfare activity will benefit from the organization in DAI established at the Sant'Andrea Hospital (DAI of Diagnostic Sciences, DAI of Emergency Urgency, DAI of Cardio-Thoracic Vascular Sciences, DAI of Oncological Sciences, DAI of Anesthetic Surgical Sciences and diseases of the digestive system, operating units of hygiene and hospital technology and occupational medicine)