The Library is closed for the festive season and will re-open on 11 January 2021.
The Structural Engineering and Architectural readings rooms are now open to staff and students using our booking system. This
is necessary to book a seat or borrow a book.
You will not be able to enter the library without booking a slot. Please use a facemask at all times in common areas in
The Department Library houses a specialist collection covering Geotechnics / Soil Mechanics, Transport, Structural Engineering, Concrete Structures,
Earthquake Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Offshore Engineering, and more.
Undergraduate students are automatically registered to use the library. A dedicated space (Sala Vetri) for booking by final year students and Ph.D. candidates to
present their projects is available.
The Department Librarian, Mary Joan Crowley, is happy to help students and researchers with issues such as finding information,
books and journal articles, using e-resources such as bibliographic databases; referencing accurately and using reference management software.
Thanks to the Departments DICEA and DISG the entire Spienza community now has access to the ASCE journal collection (39 journals).
The Library, with two study halls at the Engineering Faculty and another at the Architectural Faculty and offers:
- Up-to-date study facilities
- Library loans and document delivery service
- WiFi using Sapienza credentials
- Information skills training for Ph.D. candidates and undergraduates
- Advice on reference management and research support
- Queries regarding Open Access policies
- Book and journal recommendations for library purchase
To stay informed of new eresources being continuosly added consult this page.
- STAFF: email@example.com / password (e-mail acount)
- STUDENTS: firstname.lastname@example.org / e-mail password (Infostud)